How to Get Started in Learning Artificial Intelligence and Make it Your Career
AI is only in its infancyImagine being part of the team designing the artificial intelligence software behind the robots helping children with autism. The same goes for elderly patients with Alzheimer's.
How about the use of AI used in smart drones, other health related practices, language learning, or in all the various types of security?
This technology is still in its infancy. In fact, there are so many future applications of AI that it’s only limited to your imagination.
As you can imagine, the long-term growth outlook for this career will continue to rise – and rise dramatically. The New York Times reports candidate shortage for certified AI Engineers, with fewer than 10,000 qualified people in the world to fill these jobs, which according to Paysa earn an average salary of $172,000 per year in the U.S. (or Rs.17 lakhs to Rs. 25 lakhs in India) for engineers with the required skills. So, now is a great time to get started on this career path.
Get Your Skills Here
A comprehensive program has been co-developed by IBM and Simplilearn that will make students industry-ready for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science job roles.
Upon completion of this Master's Program, you will receive certificates from IBM and Simplilearn in the Artificial Intelligence courses on their prescribed learning path. These certificates will testify to your skills as an expert in Artificial Intelligence.
In addition to that, you will receive USD 1200 worth of IBM cloud credits that you can leverage for hands-on exposure, access to IBM cloud platforms featuring IBM Watson and other software for 24/7 practice, access to digital badges from IBM, and more.
The learning objectives of this Artificial Intelligence Program
This co-developed Simplilearn and IBM Artificial Intelligence Master’s Program is a blend of Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning, enabling the real-world implementation of advanced tools and models. The program is designed to give you in-depth knowledge of Artificial Intelligence concepts including the essentials of statistics required for Data Science, Python programming, and Machine Learning.
Through these courses, you will learn how to use Python libraries like NumPY, SciPy, Scikit, and essential Machine Learning techniques, such as supervised and unsupervised learning, advanced concepts covering artificial neural networks and layers of data abstraction and TensorFlow.
Additional Skills You Will Obtain
Gain these skills and more:
- Understand the meaning, purpose, scope, stages, applications, and effects of Artificial Intelligence
- Design and build your own intelligent agents, applying them to create practical Artificial Intelligence projects, including games, machine learning models, logic constraint satisfaction problems, knowledge-based systems, probabilistic models, and agent decision-making functions
- Master the essential concepts of Python programming, including data types, tuples, lists, dicts, basic operators, and functions
- Learn how to write your own Python scripts and perform basic hands-on data analysis using Jupyter notebook
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Data Science processes: data wrangling, data exploration, data visualization, hypothesis building, and testing
- Perform high-level mathematical and technical computing using the NumPy and SciPy packages and data analysis with the Pandas package
- Master the concepts of supervised and unsupervised learning models, including linear regression, logistic regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction, K-NN and pipeline, recommendation engine, and time series modeling
- Understand the concepts of TensorFlow, its main functions, operations, and the execution pipeline
- Master advanced topics in Artificial Intelligence, such as convolutional neural networks, recurrent neural networks, training deep networks, and high-level interfaces
Projects Included in this Master’s Program
This Artificial Intelligence Master's program includes over 15 real-life, branded projects in different domains. These projects are designed to help you master the key concepts of Artificial Intelligence like supervised and unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning, support vector machines, Deep Learning, TensorFlow, neural networks, convolutional neural networks, and recurrent neural networks.
This Master’s Program also includes a capstone project allowing you to revisit the concepts learned throughout the courses. You will go through dedicated mentored classes in order to create a high-quality industry project, solving a real-world problem.
To complete this capstone project, you will use cutting edge Artificial Intelligence-based supervised and unsupervised algorithms like Regression, Multinomial Naïve Bayes, SVM, Tree-based algorithms, and NLP in the domain of your choice. After successful submission of the project, not only will you be awarded a capstone certificate, but you will have a project that can be showcased to potential employers as a testament to your learning.
Here is just a sampling of the projects included:
- Fare Prediction for Uber - Uber, one of the largest US-based taxi providers, wants to improve the accuracy of fare predicted for any of the trips. Help Uber by building and choosing the right model.
- Products rating prediction for Amazon - Amazon, one of the leading US-based e-commerce companies, recommends products within the same category to customers based on their activity and reviews on other similar products. Amazon would like to improve this recommendation engine by predicting ratings for the non-rated products and add them to recommendations accordingly.
- Stock Market Data Analysis - As a part of this project, you will import data using Yahoo data reader from the following companies: Yahoo, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, and Google. You will perform fundamental analytics, including plotting, closing price, plotting stock trade by volume, performing daily return analysis, and using pair plot to show the correlation between all of the stocks.
To learn more about the other projects included, visit the main website HERE.
Is this Artificial Intelligence Program Right for You?
Should you take this program? The demand for AI covers a broad range of industries. Simplilearn’s AI course is well suited for a variety of roles and disciplines, including:
- Developers aspiring to be an Artificial Intelligence Scientist or Machine Learning engineers
- Analytics Managers who are leading a team of analysts
- Information Architects who want to gain expertise in Artificial Intelligence algorithms
- Analytics professionals who want to work in machine learning or artificial intelligence
- Graduates looking to build a career in Artificial Intelligence and machine learning
- Experienced professionals who would like to harness Artificial Intelligence in their fields to get more insight
Your Dream Job Begins Here
Upon completion of the Artificial Intelligence Engineer Master’s Program co-developed with IBM, you will have the skills required to help you to land a dream job. Jobs that are ideal for Artificial Intelligence trained professionals include (but not limited to):
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Analytics Manager/Lead
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Statistical Programming Specialist